New Brunswick is located in northeast Canada and is the only official bilingual Canadian province with about 30% of the French-speaking population. Like other Canadian provinces, New Brunswick also has its provincial nominee program called as New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NB PNP).
NB PNP targets prospective immigrants who have skills and work experience to receive a New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Certificate which allows the foreign nationals to apply for Canada PR application.
NBPNP is dived into the below immigration streams:
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream
- Entrepreneurial Stream
EELMS allows the Provincial Nominee Program of New Brunswick, NB PNP to use the Federal Express Entry System to meet the specific labor market and demographic needs of New Brunswick.
It accepts the Expression of Interest (EOI) profile of the candidates on the 1st day of each month till 15th. Candidates must be currently working in the province, or have a high degree of language proficiency in French, and work experience in one of the priority occupations of the Province.
Candidates applying under NB PNP must:
- Score at least 67 points out of 100 in the Federal Skilled Worker Class's selection factors.
- Have at least one year of continuous work experience, or an equivalent paid part-time work experience from an employer in New Brunswick in primary occupation.
- Be of an age between 22 and 55.
- Have completed a high school degree from Canada or post-secondary educational credentials (at least I year), or a foreign educational credential from a required organization. Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report, issued by an IRCC designated organization is the must in case of foreign educational credential.
- Have an immediate family member living in New Brunswick on PR/Citizen.
- Have French as Primary language and NOC available in a listed Occupation.
- Have attended the Sessions of NB and NOC should be listed.
- Show enough funds to support themselves as well as their family members in the province.
- Sign and submit a commitment to work & live in New Brunswick.
- Highest scores;
- Training & Experience evidence in a high priority sector determined by New Brunswick;
- Positively contributing toward the labor market of the province; and
- Demonstrating the ability to become established in New Brunswick economically.
Candidates on receiving the nomination from New Brunswick will be awarded an additional 600 points towards their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score.
This stream accepts the application from the individuals with a full-time and permanent job offer from a New Brunswick's employer.
- Age: maximum of 10 points
- 22-24 age: 5 points
- 25-55 age: 10 points
- Language: maximum 15 points
- Advanced Speaking Ability
- English: 9 points
- French: 9 points
- Intermediate Speaking Ability
- English: 7 points
- French: 7 points
- Basic Speaking Ability
- English: 4 points
- French: 4 points
- Education: maximum 18 points
- Post-graduate: 18 points
- Post-secondary: 15 points
- Secondary: 10 points
- Work Experience: maximum 10 points
- Five years: 10 points
- Four years: 8 points
- Three years: 6 points
- Two years: 4 points
- One year: 2 points
- Adaptability: maximum 25 points
- Family in New Brunswick: 10 points
- Education in New Brunswick: 5/10 for completing at least one/two of the last five years in New Brunswick.
- Employment in New Brunswick: 10/15 points based on whether the applicant has worked for at least one/two of the last five years in New Brunswick.
- Employment of Spouse in New Brunswick: Applicant's common-law partner or spouse has worked for at least 6 months in last calendar year in New Brunswick, will get 5 points.
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA): 10 points for a positive LMIA from the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada Department, or if the employer demonstrates that they are unable to find a Canada PR/citizen to perform job duties and they participate in NBPNP's recruitment activities.
- Additional Job Skills: 5 points if the employer can demonstrate employment in a 2nd occupation (different from the intended NB Occupation) supported by a trade/diploma certificate.
PGES is an economic immigration option under NBPNP which is open to the candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized university of NB Community College.
Applicants must first submit their Expression of Interest to Post-Secondary Education, Training, and Labour Department of NB. They will be issued with an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for provincial nomination from NB once selected by NBPNP.
- Must be between 22 and 40 years of age;
- Must proof minimum language proficiency with CLB 7 in French/English for speaking, reading, writing, and listening;
- Must have a valid post-graduation work permit;
- At least a score of 65 out of 100 in NB's PGES points assessment grid;
- Must demonstrate an intention and ability to settle in NB;
- Must have owned and operated a business in NB for a minimum of one full year;
- Must have completed a full-time post-secondary degree/diploma for at least 2 years from a recognized university/community college in NB; and
- Must have resided in NB during their academic year.
- Age: maximum 10 points.
- Language: maximum 35 points.
- Education: maximum 25 points.
- Work Experience: maximum 10 points.
- Economic Benefit of Business: maximum 10 points.
- Adaptability: maximum 10 points.
A business will be considered eligible under PGES if it follows the following minimum criteria:
- Must have operated for at least one year prior to the application submission;
- Applicant must hold 100% ownership of the equity of the business;
- Must receive compensation in salary form from the business which must meet the low-income cut-off LICO as defined by Canada Statistics + 10%;
- Must create a minimum of one full-time job for PR/citizenship of Canada apart from a family member.
This stream allows the applicants who plan to own and manage actively a business in NB that will contribute to the economy of NB. They are expected to invest in the business.
Entrepreneurial Stream functions as the Expression of Interest (EOI) System. The first step to apply under this stream is to submit an EOI to the Post-Secondary Education, Training, and Labour Department of NB.
An applicant will get scores based on seven factors as below:
- Age: maximum 10 points
- Education: maximum 25 points.
- Language Proficiency in French/English: maximum 25 points
- Personal Net Worth: no points
- Business Ownership and/or Senior Management Experience: maximum 20 points.
- Business Plan: maximum 15 points.
- Adaptability points for spouse/common-law partner: maximum 5 points.
- Must be in age between 22 and 55 years;
- Must have at least two years of post-secondary education after high school;
- Must show a language proficiency of a minimum of CLB 5 in English/French;
- Must demonstrate an intention to live and operate a business in NB;
- Must show a business plan approved by NB's official government;
- Must have a fund worth at least CAD 600,000 out of which CAD 300,000 must be unaffected by any obligations/debs;
- Must score at least 65 points in the unique selection grid of NB;
- Must live in NB permanently while managing and owning a local business; and
- Must have 3 out of 5 years of experience in owning and operating a business, or have 5 out of 5 experience in a senior business management role or more, and must be responsible for supervising a minimum of two employees.